Motor Trend - 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS First Drive

Avonni

Deliboy

SonicChris

Banned
I think the gearing in the regular 1.4 turbo is great once tuned, but that has to do more with driving style. If you notice they really didn't shave that much off the stock 0-60 times. However, I'm uber jealous of the rear disc. Hopefully they will be available through the G.M. part department soon.

laborsmith

TIEfighter

SonicChris

Banned
Wow the comments in that article are very funny. First according to these people in the comments section the 1.8L is trash. I know the haters are gonnna hate because I got a 1.8 but the engine isn't automatically trash because it doesn't have a turbo. That is just my opinion. Also the character in that comments section that says the interior of the Yaris is better quality then the Sonic is hilarious. That's a great joke to tell your friends...LOL

I had a Yaris as a rental last winter and it almost killed me in the snow. I slid through an intersection in the snow. I was only doing 25 and I was the first person to rent it, so it had not been abused. The bad tires combined with a terrible anti lock braking system is death on wheels.

SSpeckerwood

Last edited:

SonicChris

Banned
About the yaris, I don't know if it is or not and don't care, but I hate nost hybrids and there owners.

They usually are the tree hugging, bunny humping, eating tofu type. I have less use for them than a upside down outhouse.

I see many of these "gas savers" on the road. They usually get around 5mpg more than me and feel like there doing something good.

I say; buy the sonic RS and consume as much fossil fuels as you need.

I think your confusing the Yaris with the Prius.

Leverus

Eric Smit

Enforcer

djinn

Last edited: